Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i want to get access xp data on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTM

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
US
we have a database that we would like to get data on the web for viewing only. anyone ever do this before or something similar.

the web pages i have created in access want you to log into the database, which i don't want to happen. The HTML created by access isn't the prettiest either.

larry

[tt]

Let me see if I understand your language...

You have an access database and you want to create a web where your users will have the ability to log in and view certain data....

No problem:

[ul][li]Create a DSN to your database[/li] [li]Using DWMX create the site to work in[/li][li]Using a server behavior, add a login user behavior[/li][li]Create a registration form[/li][li]Create cookies at the login page to control who is able to view what...[/li][li]Add "restrict" page behaviors to the pages that need it[/li][/ul]
<%=Tony%>
cold.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back