Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to create and print 4x6" pla

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMPMICRO

Vendor
Jan 16, 2003
CA
I want to create and print 4x6" plain postcards with Word 2000. The cards are tractor feed with no space between them. The printer is a FX-980. I created a custom size in page setup of 6" width and 4" height. It does 2 things, 1 it shifts the whole printout to the right app 1.5" (which I can compensate for and deal with) but the kicker is that it still wants to print a 11" page, so it prints the 1st card ok but then feeds to what it thinks is the next top of form. I have also set the printer menu up manually to tell it the page length is 4". I dont get it. Both the s/w and also the printer are set for 4" length. I have been messing with this for hours and its driving me crazy. It should just be cut and dry. Any help will be appreciated greatly. I have 4000 to print. They are all identical.

Thanks,
Merrill

A couple of things spring to mind. You said you'd set up a custom paper size in page set up but have you... a) changed the orientation to Landscape and... b)set all margins to zero?

Hope this will work for you... Try using the dot matrix post card format under "Envelopes and Labels"...

In a new (blank) document,

Click:
Tools
Envelopes and Labels
Options
Dot matrix
Select:
4167 - Post Card
Click:
OK
Full page of the same label
New Document

A have tried every imaginable combination of margins and portrait/landscape settings, to no avail. I also just tried different predefined Avery label sizes and have also tried tweaking them, but the page sizes are not right. For example the 4167 page size is 7" so it wont work even if I define the actual label size right. Yuk!

FYI, I had another system that has Office97 on it, I printed the same document on the same printer / driver combination. IT printer perfectly! I tried printing it on second system with Word 2000 and it screwed up. So there must be an issue specific to Word 2000 and custom page sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back