Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to create a new PABX CUST 1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehar1

MIS
Nov 28, 2011
PK
my PABX Nortel CS 1000 is with Cust 0 is working now I want to build a mini pabx with in it with CUST 1
is there any document to guide me from scratch to establish new PABX and I also want to terminate one PRI on it

You must have Option 2 in you package for Multi-customer operation. (Think a pretty standard option in package but verify)

If you need that much help, it is time to pay a consultant or a vendor.

In 30 years I have only done this once. It was a Convention Center and a Hotel, Customer 0 and 1. What is the reason you want to do this? You also need to understand how it will operate. You share some resources but not all. Stations and Trunks are unique. You can't even call between Customer 0 and 1. Resources like Conference, TDS, DTR's are shared between customer's. When I got it all done and completed, guess what, they wanted to call between the customer's 4 digit. That would have required removing all the programming and making them all one customer. So we built a PRI between the 2 customers and used CDP to dial between customer's. What a mess.

essentially you have to program from scratch Cust 1 settings. All the same stuff. Anywhere you get a "CUST" prompt, you have to configure. CDB, CFN, yada yada. Get some legacy support. it's not that expensive, unless it's a lab.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Actually CFN is not per customer, those are shared resources between customers. But CDB, Trunks and stations for sure have a Cust prompt. As well as all the BARS programming to go with it. It truly is a nightmare.

KCFLHRC said:
It truly is a nightmare.
The scary thing is that we've all typed "0" at the CUST prompt a gazillion times... and it is always the same!

actually we are developing another sister organization with our current setup,
and want the complete different communication setup for them but using the existing resources i.e using the same pabx

Resources means
One Exchange room
One MDF and etc

I shall use separate trunk calls or different PRI cards for this purpose

I need help who have done it
or anybody who could help me
please

Maybe an easier plan of attack would be using TGAR to keep them off of each other's trunks, that way they can still call between customer's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back