Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to change from one .qry to another .qry file

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJSDAD

Programmer
May 6, 2002
US
I change the location, verify database and everythings works fine. When I come back in the report still wants to use the old .qry file. I created the .qry with info 7.5. I tried changing the default dictionary to point at the new qry file "~ci31fup.qry". It still wants to use the old .qry in the same directory. Any suggestions?

Crystal can be quite cranky when it comes to .qry files.

How different is the new query file to the old one.

One solution may be that since it wants to use the old name then what the heck...rename the new query with the old name and put it in the proper path.

On the otherhand, there usually is a reason got this situation...perhaps there are formulas that still use the old values?

When they are in formulas, Crystal cannot check these out til the report is run....just grasping at straws here...I usually do the rename thing....verify the database and cross my fingers. JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

No it's that I am using crystal info and when I change the dictionary name and location it still leaves one entry in my report pointing to the original qry file. This is a bug as far as I'm concerned. Your probably right copy the old sql to a new name and move your new one into place with the same name is the key.

I later used a hex editor to change the old .qry name to the new one. This is very sensitive but it worked.... remember to always make a copy before trying this.

[peace] Kevin Herbert
Software Developer
kevin@ioutsource.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back