Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to add two lines to a Pick Ticket form

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinzana

Technical User
Jun 27, 2011
US
Hello,
I have a custom Purchase Order form that is printing out Total Cases and Total Weight. I would like these to also print out on the Pick Ticket form.
One field is total cases where the UOM is calulated out from the Qty. Ordered per line then printed at the bottom of the line items.
The second field is the Total Weight wich is also a calculated field.
I see how the fields are added to the Purchase Order form, but I do not see any of the calculations that are being performed. Would those calculations be through VBS? How do I get to see that VBS so I can add these forms onto the Pick Tecket form?

Thanks
Rinzana

Do you mean VBA, aka Flexibility? I have never tried this but I am sure it is doable. I would write VBA code on the post save event of the form to add up all the weights and update the field in the oeordhdr.

You are correct that even though the fields are there, they do not get populated at the time of picking.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Hi Dgillz,
No I need additional fields added to the Pick Ticket printout. When we print out a Purchase Order there is a line that is printing Total Cases in the SubTotal area, after the line items. The Total Weight line is printing in the trailer area. I need these two fields to also print out on our Pick Ticket. The fields are already added into Form Field Maintenance, so they can print on the purchase orders. Do I need to re-add the two fields as OE fields in Form Field Maintenance? Then I can just add the fields to the pick ticket form and they will print the correct calculated information? Or is there something behind the printout form where it is calculating the total cases and total weight of all the items on the pick ticket?

Hello,
All I am looking to do is add two fields into the Pick Ticket printout. The two fields will 1. calculate the total number of cases being shipped and 2. calculate the total weight of the items being shipped. As I stated before, these two fields were already added to a custom purchase order form(printout). I guess I will try to add the fields into a test company database and see what happens if they dont work, I'll pay Macola to do it. I'm not sure if I need VBA code added to the printout form or not. I do not understand how the fields with get the rolled up totals they need to print.

Thanks
RInzana

Hi Dgills,
Yes Progression 7.6.300c, we are using EDI, but I dont see how that would matter.

Rich

EDI is the only part of the database that stores the # of cases shipped. And EDI doesn't really know this until after the items are packed, so you are right, this won't help a pick ticket. Come to think of it how could a pick ticket know the # of items, and hence the weight and # of packages? Are you sure you don't mean a packing list?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Hi Dgills,
Sorry you are correct the packing slip, I don't know why I have been calling it a pick ticket. I did added the fields to the form and they seem to print correctly. I will need to do more testing. Thank you for your time and help.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back