Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want manage user of win2k (AD) by winME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Aug 1, 2003
US
Now i download MMC 1.2 for Win9x but i don't know to use it
please tell me to use that
I will create management concole file for Administrative Tool ?
Thank You.

assuming you are using windows 2000+ servers.
If you just want to manage your servers from an ME machine connect to the server over the network and install Terminal Services. This should have been installed by default in Admin mode (2 user).
If it has not go to Control Panel/add remove programs/add/remove windows components and add it to any of the servers you want to manage.
This will then allow you to manage the AD from any machine on your network that has Terminal Services installed.
You have to have administrative rights...

Steve...

Thank Scquan!
Yes i use w2k server,
But I don't know connect step from client to the server (over network).
Please explain in detail step by step to connect server (over network) from winME.

Providing you have enabled Terminal Services Adin mode on your server (see my previous message).

Follow these steps.

This is will work whether your network is set up as a domain or a workgroup.

Log On as Administrator or a user with administrative rights. If you are on a workgroup then ensure that the logon you are using exists on the server with the same password.

Using Windows explorer on the ME machine navigate through the network and connect to the server. There will be a share usually called TSClient showing. Open it and navigate to win32\disks\disk1. Double click on setup and this will install Terminal Services Client on your Machine.

When this is done
Click on Start\Programs\Terminal Services Client\Terminal Services Client.
This will start the log on process
You will be presented with a window asking you for the servers name or address. Type in the servers name or IP address. You will be presented with a log on box. Log in as adminisrator. You will now be able to manage the remote server as if you were sat at the machine.

I confess I have never used ME as a client machine but as far as I am aware there should be no problem.

Steve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back