Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want Access 97 back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroi

Technical User
Jun 5, 2000
US
I've uninstalled Access 2000, and reinstalled Access 97, but I keep getting an error message about the application needing to be installed, and that I need to reinstall it from the original location.<br><br>What does this mean and can I please have Access 97 back??<br><br>Lee

I think you need to call Microsoft.<br>They might take you through a LLLOOOONNNNGGG...<br>process of trying to rip it out of your computer by the roots hacking your way throught the registry.<br><br>Last resort:<br>reformat your hardirve and start over.

If I can remember correctly from when I had to do this. You have to <u>completely</u> uninstall office 2000 and remove any entries to the Office applications from the registry before any of the previous version of the office software will work.<br>You can then install Access 97 and any other parts of Office 97, but place it in a different directory and move the Icons to a different location if you intend to reinstall Office 2000 otherwise Office 2000 will take them over.<br>If you need to reinstall office 2000, it will detect any Office 97 software installed and will ask you to select what software you want to convert to Office 2000 or Keep. Make sure you select keep it and that you are installing into a different directory than where you have installed your Office 97 software, otherwise when you click on any of the Icons you will start up the Office 2000 version. You can then use both versions of the software.<br>I now this sounds like a lot of work but it does work. The main thing Microsoft told me was to make sure that the Office 97 software is installed before Office 2000.<br><br>Joanthan<br>

By far the easiest solution was following the Microsoft Knowledge base instructions for installing both versions of Access on the same machine. Once I did that, I was able to run '97 without a glitch.<br><br>Glad that ordeal is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back