Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I ve created a database from our pr

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmandu

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2001
US
I ve created a database from our production ACCESS database that has 5 key fields. I want to create a interface to use on the web that would

A.) first test if the user is allowed to get into the database( I would give then a password and a username
( ex. Lois123567).)

B. Once they enter correct username and password they would be taken to a screen that would show the transactions that are related to their username. They coudl scroll up through transactions and down. Period.

C.) They would then be allowed to view only their transactions. Once done viewing they could send an email to one of our people here(via a email hyperlink).

I know their are SSL software programs and encryption devices to protect against invasions but I would be satisfied with a secure password checking system.

Can this all be done in ACCESS ?? Any tips would be appreciated. Any sample code available ??

Thank You.
I posted thsi under general ACCESS, but im also posting here.I got an aswer that I may need to implement ASP Active Server Pages so Im looking into this now. Would I create the pages using a data sheet. ???

If you use ASP you more control
your WEB site has to support it though and it usually costs a lot more per month.
Plus there is the learning curve.
I did most of what you are doing using ASP, VBscript, ADO, and SQL server.
It was not easy. DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back