Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I use Veritas backup exec and any

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekgater

Technical User
Feb 5, 2003
GB
I use Veritas backup exec and any large backups I do i am prompted with this message.

The tape drive is having problems writing data. No data has been lost, but there has been a reduction in the capacity of the tape

I have tried cleaning the drive, different size tapes and different versions of the software.

Any body else had this problem.

Chris

I would definetly trying a cleaning tape NUMEROUS times and upgrade the Back Up Exec softare. Have you retensioned the tapes?

"Astra non mentiuntur"

I have got the same problem. Can you tell me what exact version of Back Up Exec had you before upgrade and after upgrade?

Did you make sure that the Veritas' drivers were installed for the tape drive? Did you try retensioning the tapes? This is not normally a software related issue and the software can usually be updated.

Here is Veritas' webpage pertaining to these errors:

Here is their compatibility list:

Veritas' tech support - 800-634-4747 or 800-342-0652

"Astra non mentiuntur"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back