Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I use Frontpage 2000 to create ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jereece

Technical User
Jun 15, 2002
US
I use Frontpage 2000 to create ASP web forms, then use the feature in FP to have the web form results posted to an Access database. Our web server is running the latest Microsoft web server program (not sure of the name, I'm not the administrator, just end user). The web server is a 2 server cluster or farm as I have heard it called. Server A is the master. When I set up a web form like described above, everything seems to work fine. However when someone visits the web page and is connected through server B, the database is written to server B. Then Server A (the master) overwrites the database on Server B. So I wind up loosing about half of my data.

My IT says that the FP folks did not talk to the Server folks at Microsoft and there is nothing that can be done. I tried changing the code of the ASP file to specifically point to Server A for the database, but that don't work. I tried pointing the ASP file to write the database to a LAN instead of to a web server, however the permissions of the web server is not set up and IT does not want to set any permissions for a web server to write to a LAN.

Surely I am not the only person who has run into this problem, but I can not find anything searching TechNet.

Does anyone have any experience with this and does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back