Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I upgraded from 3.217 to a 3.254 and lost networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipxman

Technical User
Apr 18, 2006
US
I upgraded a 406 v2 and a small edition IP Office to 3.254 to correct some voicemail issues. Now we cannot call between the systems. When you dial the ext # to other switch. I get a number busy in display and a fast busy. You can see who is on the phones at the other switch. This all worked before I did the upgrade.

Reboot the remote system and the main system with a minute in between. check your VoIP Lines and make sure Voice Networking is set to yes assuming this is an SCN. can you ping from side to side? do you have any errors in Manager?

why 54, 55 is out? Not that it is wrong, I just wondered why.

make sure you can still ping the sites. the network link may have gone down.

use monitor to see if there is a scn
you can everything in monitor
make a call and look what monitor says

1.) I have rebooted both systems. The voice networking is set to yes. I can ping both IP Offices. I do not have any errors in manager.

2.) The 3.254 was recommended by tech support.

3.) I am using monitor and I am not seeing a problem.

are you sure your ip routes are still intact after the upgrade?

I went back through both systems ip routes, and nothing had changed.

You can see who is on the phones at the other switch."

If SCN features work but you can't make calls it must be a VCM issue. Set up an IP phone on each site to find out which one doesn't work. If it's the 406, check the card is seated properly.

I've seen problems with 3.2.54 406v2s with VCM cards if the system has never gone through the 3.1.99 intermediate step (regardless of the PCS level). It's a long shot, but if the 406 is the problem you might want to try taking it to 3.1.999 then back to 3.2.54/55

a vcm card doesn't stop working after an upgrade
also if it did work than it is fitted right
like i said what do you see in monitor
you say it looks alright ?
can you put a trace here ?
also did you try a reboot

Thanks!! It was the T1 Board giving me Quad BRI trunk problems. I reseated the board and the networking problems went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back