Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I thought that I had it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldur3635

Technical User
Feb 15, 2010
BE
I thought that I had it sorted out. I got no errors, but it didn't work.

I stepped through the Code and checked the value with Add Watch. Everything was perfect. I hit ExecSQL and no error! Wow, I did it!

Well, no I didn't. I checked the database (I did make a backup in case anything went wrong), but when I looked in the database table, NOTHING had been updated at all.

Do I need a Commit? Is ExecSQL correct or is there a new command now?

You should only need a commit if you started a transaction. ExecSQL should do what you need it to do. If the database does support transactions, typically you can see what transaction level you're in by looking at a transaction level property.

If you're going through an ODBC driver you could try turning on ODBC trace (in the odbcad32.exe control panel) and see what's being passed on to the database driver.

The TDBConnection (or whatever it is called) might have events to let you monitor what's going through it and if a final commit is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back