Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I think bad driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

xionhack

Technical User
Apr 25, 2009
US
Hello. I got an eserver x series 306m. I installed windows server 2003 and mysql, but mysql wasnt working so I went ahead and downloaded the drivers from the ibm site. While installing some of them I got a blue screen of death, and now when I turn on the server, it doesnt show anything in the screen, I pinged it hoping that it was only the display drivers, but nothing, it doesnt work. I really dont want to buy a new motherboard, is there anything that I can do?

see if you can boot a linux live cd. Also you could search ibm site for MIGR-61380 and download and create the diagnostics cd, and run diagnostics.

Its actually not allowing me to see anything. When i turn it on, even the LED in the monitor turns orange.

Go to minimum config. pull all the drives, and adapters out, only have the minimum amount of memory in the box, and in the correct slots, the sticker on the inside of cover will have the memory population specs. Just have a keyboard and monitor and power hooked up, but it up, if still no video, try resetting the cmos with the jumper on the motherboard. This also can be found on the sticker on the inside of cover. If resetting the cmos,and going to minimum config this also means pulling out the second cpu and vrm if installed, doesn't work, then it may be a bad planer board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back