Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I recently upgraded my client’s Ava

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjm8535

Vendor
Jun 24, 2013
US
I recently upgraded my client’s Avaya IP Office from R10.1.3 to R11. The client has utilized the Mobile Twinning feature with no issue since they were on R9 with no issues. Unfortunately, since the upgrade to R11, the client is experiencing an issue whereby twinned calls that are answered on their cell phone first will no longer release whether the call is disconnected by the client first or disconnected by the outside caller. The very next call to the client’s same DID phone number goes directly to the voice mailbox associated with their Avaya 1416 digital desk phone. System status shows that the mobile twinned call is still active even though both the outside calling party and the client have both hung up the call. The Avaya System will not release that call. I must manually disconnect the call via System Status. Has anyone else in the Tek-tips forum experienced this issue? Please advise.

Not seen that on digital trunks.
What type of lines do you have, PRI or SIP?
Please don't say analog because Twinning is not a feature for analog lines.[rednose]

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

We are using SIP Trunks interconnected to an Avaya PRI Card in the Avaya IP Office 500v2 R11

So it is a PRI for the phone system and whatever converts it from SIP might cause the issue
Easiest to find out the system or the trunk is screwed up, open SSA and watch the trunk directly when making test calls.
You can also trace on the trunk then you are when the disconnect comes in

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back