Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2008
US
Customer has an i phone and all his messages from Outlook forward to this device except for the callpilot desktop messages which drop right into his Outlook inbox. Cp 5.0. Any ideas?

does the callpilot messages go to the callpilot folder inbox or the main inbox

the rules in outlook (on my version anyway)only work for the main inbox

if this is the case you have to setup the outlook to put the messages in the correct inbox

or get a 3rd party software that woorks with outlook to do the forwarding

to err is human
to really f things up requires a computer

mike

This drops in on the client machine after launching the desktop software. The messages he gets are on the exchange server. CallPilot does not move messages to the exchange server. It looks like they are all there but in reality the messages are on 2 different servers.

Signature===========================================

i have never tried to have callpilot go to exchange,(don't think you can)it only goes to the client software on the individual pc.

you'll need to setup the outlook to have the callpilot put the message in the main inbox and then use the rules wizard to create a rule to forward the message to the exchange address,

now he might get the message on the iphone but he may not be able to listen to the message because you can't put the callpilot player on it

at this point it might be easier to setup the message notification and just have the voicemail call his iphone when he has a message

to err is human
to really f things up requires a computer

mike

Use MyCallpilot to setup the message forwarding rule and forward to his email as a wav file. Not the cleanest way to do it but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back