Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I needed some help placing a series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipster

MIS
Jun 25, 2001
US
I needed some help placing a series of png images on one web page. Someone threw this cript my way but it doesn't seem to work. All it displays is seven black boxes with a red x in each. Any help would be appreciated as I have absolutely no java skills whatsoever.

#!bin/sh

parent="/opt/apache_1.3.26/htdocs/blah/blah/*png"

echo "
<html>
<head>
<title>My Image page</title>
<script>
function grabImage(name) {
var newwin;
newwin =window.open(\&quot;\&quot;,\&quot;Image window\&quot;, height=400, width=200);
newwin.document.writeln('<html><body align=center>');
newwin.document.writeln('<image src=\&quot;+ name +\&quot;></image>');
newwin.document.writeln('<br><form name=closer>');
newwin.document.writeln('<input type=button value=Close onClick=window.close()></form>');
newwin.document.writeln('</body></html>');
}
</script>
</head>
<body align=left>
<table align=left border=2 bgcolor=black bordercolor=white <caption>My Images</caption>>
<tr>&quot;
i=1
for all in `ls $parent`
do
i=`expr $i + 1`
echo &quot;<td rowspan=15 align=center><br><br>
<form name=\&quot;$i\&quot;>
<input type=image src=$all name=\&quot;$i\&quot; onClick=grabImage($all) height=80 width=50>
</form>
<br><br></td>&quot;
done
echo &quot;
</tr></table></body></html>
&quot;

Flipster,

you might need to get some help from the Perl guys...sounds like the Perl script may not be constructing the img src paths correctly. are all the images broken? i.e. the thumbs and the full size?

=========================================================
if (!succeed) try();
-jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back