Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need your help with the General Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtwitc

Technical User
May 23, 2001
US
My boss, the wonderful old-fashioned CPA that he is, decided to close the previous accounting year (despite my objections) and wanted to close January of 2001. Instead of closing just January 2001, he closed all of 2001. He did not backup before he did this and wonders why he cannot be in the correct period. My question, is there any program or way to unlock the General Journal so that we can print of the information? I know Peachtree says that once a year is closed, the inforamation cannot be accessed, but hey, there is more than one way to retrieve information.

What version are you running - for newer version 8 you would need to restore a backup or export data, create a new company and import. See instructions in your manual about rebuilding and company.

If you are running an older version below 8, you could to the same as above or create a new company and copy its general.dat file into your old companies subdirectory. You would need to run the integerity check programs to verify that periods are assigned correctly.

Mike

For Peachtree addons and enhancements as well as Authorized Support visit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back