Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to trace calls into the CallPilot201iRel4.04 Via VPIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippman71

Technical User
Oct 1, 2006
We were able to make VPIM work from the CallPilot Box into the Cisco Unity voice Mail. We had to tweak the SMTP/VPIM index and the overlap. However We are still unable to receive messages from the Cisco Unity.

Do you know if call pilot has any tracing tools, where I can see the digits that are being sent via VPIM into the CallPilot, ( especially on how to use the tools)

Also Do you know if we can manipulate incoming digits to Call Pilot.

Do you have any information on how you got the Unity and Call Pilot to work. I am having problems with this configuration...

Yes as a matter of fact I do

You need to set up the VPIM prefix for the call pilot site, adn for the cisco site (Different VPIM prefixes)

Make sure you have good FQDN for both sites ( you need to be able to ping by name back and forth)

Make sure port SMTP 25 is open ( telnet to that port to test that it is open)

On the cisco Box they have to make sure that they are sending the callpilot VPIM with all their messages, and also strip the VPIM message when they get it from call Pilot

Good Luck

Thanks. Do you have any screen shots or anything you could email me. Also, are there any caveats with VPIM on CallPilot that I should beware of.

Ok...I have the Unity forwarding successfully to CallPilot. But I cannot get CallPilot to forward to Unity. Any thoughts?

You are getting super close...you have a VPIM index entry issue in callpilot or Unity

Make sure in Callpilot

you have the Unity site build and with the right VPIM index

On the Unity side they have to enter the VPIM index as well.

Run SMTP traces on both boxes. make sure you are sending what you are suppose to receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back