Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to take NNM for NT exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF18C

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2002
IT
Those in charge of my employment decided that to properly qualify for my position one must take the HP NNM for NT exam. So in order to retain my position I agreed to "Certify" myself with this exam. My organization will not foot the bill for any HP training and I have neither the time nor the money to pursue that avenue. I have used NNM 6.1 and 6.2 for over a year now and I read all the basic documentation that ship with the product. I have used NNM on both NT and UNIX systems. I have scoured HP's webs site and it basically leaves a lot to the imagination. I went to a few of the "Braindump" sites and found nothing there as well.
Has anyone taken this exam and what advise (study material, web sites, or key knowledge areas) would you give to someone in my situation? I hate taking tests and feel that certification is a piece of paper but experience is what gets the job done! Oh yea, I am scheduled to take this exam in 3 days!!!
Steve

Well I skated by on that test. I guess I shouldn't feel to bad, due to the fact that total study time was about 6 hours spread out over three days. The exam is pretty straight foward, with a few questions that I had absolutly no idea what they were talking about. I guess that just goes to show you only know what you know and not what you don't! If someone was to ask me "What should I study?" I would have to say know your maps, background processes and you OS.

Hi,
Do you know any site for practise exams for HP Sys-Admin?
I'm planning for 1 within month,

Thanx,

uxadmin

Hi,
I plan to take HP-NNM1 for Unix exam in one month.Anyone can suggest practice testa and reading material.

Thanks in advance,
AB

Yes!
There is a flashcards (sample tests) on Only 40$, but yet to much for me. Also I found good 15 pages squeeze "NNM 6.1 on Unix Certification Study Guide
By Calvin Miles". You can find it in url below.
Did you see 15 sample qestions on HP site?

citation from hpforums.
and another tip, see this page...it is great :
when you can find study guide from NNM ( very good)

nonstop@pisem.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back