Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to replace the switch between PBX + CP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1north

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2007
CA
Can anyone tell me how I need to setup a switch to install between the PBX and the pilot? I know if you pull a Cisco 1900 switch out of the box it will work with no config, but does it need any kind of parameters specifically set (vlan, IP address, trunking) to join the two?

Does it tell you in the manual how to configure a switch? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Thx

For the ELAN switch between the PBX and CallPilot, just install a 10/100 data switch of your choice. It shouldn't need any type of setup. It is just passing network traffic between the ports. The IP addressing is done on the PBX and the CallPilot.

If you put the ELAN on your data network, then you will need setup and configuration of a VLAN on those ports. It's best to install the ELAN as its own separate network.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back