Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to pull out down long tree of tables to bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCBofBCinTX

Technical User
Dec 24, 2003
US
I have a tree of tables.
At the top is a particular complete object, say a building. that table only lists the item's name, price and category. This item is derived from a table that lists all of the sub-assemblies that make up the item, say a wall. Those sub assemblies are used in many different final objects. Each of those sub-assemblies are made up of individual parts, say a board, that come from a separate table with exact individual part information.

I need to extract the full series from the top to the bottom. I do not need all the details, just the more general stuff such as a wall, with so many boards of this type, etc.

I am just going to start this, but should I try to do this from the database side or the application side (perl)?
I see advantages for both sides,any opinions?

I will be slow to respond to questions as I will be away from the internet a lot this week. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back