Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to process a lot of data with random input of data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpac

Programmer
May 29, 2001
GB
I require a batch processing system that process a list of totals and balances carried over . This is for a billing program , but one of my requirements involve allowing the imput of data to be entirely random and processing can start only when all data is inputed . I have no idea on how to go about it .

your statement does not include a specific issue or request. the process of getting information will proceed more quickly if you provide more detail on your needs.

the only virtual 'request' i see might be in:

"processing can start only when all data is inputed"

which implies that you do not know how to determine this condition.

many apps simply use the input of a zero lengtht string to determins that a sequence is complete. typically, the process is to have a single textbox for user entry. when the <Return> is done, the app checks the input. if this is needed to be numeric - and it is, the value is copied to a 'list', the input is cleared and focus returned to the textbox. it the input is invalid, a message is give to the user and focus returned to the textbox. if the input is empty, processing continues with other processing (totaling the items in the list).

MichaelRed
redmsp@erols.com

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back