Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to make a change to all User's Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
US
I have an alias set up to point to a new server where all user's home folders are located. I want to get rid of the alias and change the name of the server in the user properties profiles tab. But I don't want to have to go to every user's profile. How can I do this in one fell swoop? I'm not a very good scripter...But I can't help but think there is some uncomplicated way to change \\serverold to \\servernew without having to do it manually...Thanks.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Hopefully the instructions to use it are helpful to someone who doesn't know how to use it. Frequently they are not...
Thanks for the reply!

they seem to be quite clear on the subject
i know about them for the revision on MCPs, i have never used them; it seemed quite clear.

Aftertaf
if its not broken, fix it anyway - with luck you might break it and have an excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back