Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to have an alternate server for synchronizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

royjimenez

Programmer
Nov 25, 2002
CR

I have a Merge Replication, but I'd like adding an alternate server for synchronizing, but I follow the steps in the help and I can't see others publishers...

In my network, I have two cloned servers with the publications online, but only one is working out. I want to set the other one like a alternate server, but I can't see it.

can anyone help me ?

Thanks in Advance.

The life is too short to cry and long enough to try it... God bless us.
[thumbsup2]

royjiminez,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I use merge replication on 2 servers. Server 1 is the Publisher. Server 2 is the subscriber.

When you look at Enterprise Manager on you alternate server,
is the data exactly like the data on your primary server? Do the row counts match?

Please explain your question again and we may be able to help you.

John

hi! JohnBates,

My problem is the next, I have followed the steps in the help to make a new alternate server for merge replication. But I can't see the others servers to select them like alternate server. I have done a merge replication with my own sp, but i can't figure out that i couldn't find a way to assign an alternate server.

There's a Tab where i can select the alternate servers, bu t i see ONLY my own server ( Publisher ).

Thanks for your interest, and thanks in advance for any help.

Regards.

The life is too short to cry and long enough to try it... God bless us.
[thumbsup2]

Try this -

Open Enterprise Manager.

Right-click on 'SQL Server Group' --> New SQL Server Registration..... specify the name of your alternate server.

Now you will see it in Enterprise Manager. Is that what you mean when you say you cannot see it?

Hope this helps. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back