Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to extend ISDN PRI service over fiber or copper...please advise 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
US
I need to extend 3 isdn pri 23 channels over to a remote building. I already have fiber in place. What kind of devices or method should I use to extend these circuits over to this site? -2000ft

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Rad data makes a 1 and 3 port device that provides a t1 over fiber. I believe they refer to them as fiber optic modem (FOM). Make sure you match you fiber type, mutli or single mode, they support both.

Me

I'd grab a fibermux. (Fiber Multiplexer) With a mux, you can add more than the T1's to the equipment. Data, alarms, even video can share the same fibers, as long as you have the connection devices on each end.

ADC made a few I've used. (Specifically the magnum.)

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

If you want high availability/reliability you should definitely use a fiber mux. Lucent and Fujitsu (and probably others) offer what they call "carrier class" muxes. Here's a link to a Fuji sonet mux that can be configured for terminal (point to point) configuration: <

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back