Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to create a report that look 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
I need to create a report that looks to see if a specific item was sold on a ticket(line item table), then go back to the ticket header table to report customers, total sale and other stuff. Finally, I need to go back to the line item table and report the line items for that specific ticket.
I am at a loss for how to do this. Any ideas?

I think that you're overcomplicating things here, you probably domn't need to go back and forth, rather that's just how they're displayed.

Consider posting table layout(s), example data and expected output.

-k

I think you could do something like this:

First group on {table.ticketno}. Lay out the detail fields with customer name, item, price, etc., and insert a sum to get total sale per ticket.

Let's assume that the item you want to check for might change from report run to report run, so that you want to make it a parameter which has a discrete value. After creating the parameter, create a formula {@keyitem}: if {table.item} = {?item} then 1 else 0

Then go to report->edit selection formula->group and enter:

sum({@keyitem},{table.ticketno}) >= 1

This will return only those tickets that contain the item of interest.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back