Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to clear up one database and

Status
Not open for further replies.

dba123123

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
CA
I need to clear up one database and find out which table has not been used for a while. Is there any utilities provided information such as last updated date to the table? thanks.

Do a describe on user_tab_modifications and see if that helps... Terry M. Hoey

Thanks. I tried but received error "object does not exist". Any other suggestions?

This table exists in 8, but I am not sure about other versions... Terry M. Hoey

If you mean updated here is the data (DML)... you will know that if you have yout auditing enabled. Otherewise, I don't know of any views, and I am also eager to know of such view or table.

But if you mean updated here is the table (DDL) itself or the object, you can use dba_objects view to see the last_ddl_time performed on the object.

Lets wait for other postings.
Robbie

"The rule is, not to besiege walled cities if it can possibly be avoided" -- Art of War

My Oracle version is 7.3. Also I mean updated here is the data (DML). We do not have Audit enabled. Is any other suggestion. Thanks.

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back