Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I Need Space, Man (a really small one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMax

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
US
Crew...

I need to insert a small indent on one line only of a paragraph (which resides in a layer.) I don't want to use a typical indent, 'cause it's too wide for this instance.

Is there any way to just add a really small, invisible space...as a mini indent...maybe only 5 or 6 pixels in width...to the beginning of a sentence?

Thanks,

Sonic Max

Just use CSS to style that paragraph. For a single paragraph use inline CSS:

<p style="padding-left: 8px">This is moved in 8px</p>

I need to insert a small indent on one line only of a paragraph...
Make sure it is a separate paragraph, then you can use the suggestion above or <p style="text-indent: 6px">This is moved in 6px</p> or a number of other ways.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

traingamer, he already said that, do you just like seeing yourself talk? :)

Really? I thought I used a different style than the first suggestion. My mistake, obviously.

The difference between the "padding" style and the "text-indent" style is that one affects only the first row ("text-indent"), while one ("padding") affects all rows.

This would make "text-indent" the correct option to solve the original question (insert a small indent on one line only).

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back