Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need some serious help with Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

UWTechie

Programmer
May 24, 2001
CA
Recently I have been working in an office where part of my job description is to implement a cognos based web server...

I just set up the server, and have been loading whatever else is required for it. Yesterday I set up the ODBC connection with our Oracle server, which was troublesome because I was given Oracle 8.1.6 Client, whereas the office used to use SQL*net 2.3 and an Oracle 7.3 driver.

Eventually I got it to connect , then I used architect to build a package for transformer.

When I went to transformer I set up the dimensions and measures as I always do, but I keep on getting the same error whenever I try to generate categories or create a cube.

The error is as follows:

[TR0109] Transformer couldn't read the data source.

The details:
DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'asynchronous' open.

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01453: SET TRANSACTION must be first statement of transaction.

Not sure what this means, since I have never seen it before. I know that the two server's are now hooked up because I tested the Oracle database with an MS Acces query, and got the desired results, so I figure that I need to change the configuration of something, but not sure what I need to change. Or where it is...

Please Help

Hi,

I have faced this kind of problem once... and not very sure of the cause... but I managed to solve it by re-installing PPlay...

have u tried the help index and check for the error id..?

the problem is because of ur connectiviy

try neteasyconfig in oracle and config ur listner in oracle first then try to connect to oracle from another system in the network using that neteasy config setting if u are able to connect, then u will not have this probelm in ur system

try it

mkram
mkr1975@hotmail.com

He who Conquires the MIND
Conquires the WORLD !!

mkram@usa.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back