Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need printer mfr/model database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamishZA

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2003
ZA
Gang- anyone got a database (or know of one) containing printer manufacturer/model info like technology (laser, dotmatrix etc, mono/colour) with pages per minute, pages per month.

I'm doing a recon of a fleet of printers (100's) and don't know what many of them are!

TIA....

Try Katuns site, they have one for copiers, maybe printers too. (
pc.gif

Jomama

Help I'm still looking!!

The Katun site didn't help, but thanks anyway.

We're analysing a lot of printer fleets with some software which captures the characteristics of each print job, and tots up the figures per printer and user over say 30 days.

BUT for each printer, I need to enter the pages per minute and I also need the monthly "allowable" pages.

I search the net on a model by model basis and it takes ages to find the data, hence I was hoping for a ready made database.

The mfr sites tend only to have current models- lots of existing printers are old of course. The consumables supliers give yields for cartridges, but typically do not list the monthly duty cycle.

So I'd appreciate any ideas.....

hat your asking for is...A lot
I got some HP info,give me your e-mail,I ll send it to you,may help a lil
Marc

HamishZA,
Have you tried Parts Now? ( Their Quick Reference Product and Service guide includes a lot of info on Lexmark and HP, including pages per minute, Duty cycle, and release date. I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Have a star, bisawest.

With all the Googling I've been doing, I can't believe I didn't find that site myself, so thanks v. much.

(Pity it's only HP & Lexmark.......... )

It is a pity that it's limited, but that little reference guide has come in very handy in our shop. Thanks for the star! Have a nice day!!!

try CPR..its a downloadable printer database.

Roy Hanson
Technical Support
eco-toner systems, inc.
London, ontario, Canada
printerman@isp.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back