Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need information on an image. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedaruke

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
US
By looking at an image in telnet. Can I tell what files/drive/folders are part of that image? Is there any command for that?

I can't use the gui as I am using a script.

Can anyone help out? If no command where is that information located?

Hi Mike,

If I understand correctly, you need to see a list of the files backed up within the backup itself.

Then you need to use bpimagelist and bpflist.

The syntax for bpflist can be a little tricky.

I have written a script that lets me see what files are on my month end backups. If you wish I can post here.

Alan

Alan,
If you can list that script here will be good for all others also. Please list your script here to see inside of image.

Thanks,
Joshua

Hi All,

As requested;
#!/usr/bin/ksh
#
# This script requires input of a server to search on and a search string to filter the File List.
#
#
if [[ ! $1 == "" ]]
then
if [[ ! $2 == "" ]]
then
CLIENT=$1
FILTER=$2
if [[ ! $3 == "" ]]
then
POLICY=$3
BACKUPID="`bpimagelist -L -d 01/01/2007 -client $CLIENT -policy $POLICY -rl 09 | grep "ID:" | head -1 | awk '{print $3}'`"
echo "\nLast Month End Backup ID for $CLIENT and Policy $POLICY is $BACKUPID Taken on..."
bpimagelist -L -d 01/01/2007 -client $CLIENT -rl 09 -policy $POLICY | grep "Time:" | head -1
else
BACKUPID="`bpimagelist -L -d 01/01/2007 -client $CLIENT -rl 09 | grep "ID:" | head -1 | awk '{print $3}'`"
echo "\nLast Month End Backup ID for $CLIENT is $BACKUPID Taken on..."
bpimagelist -L -d 01/01/2007 -client $CLIENT -rl 09 | grep "Time:" | head -1
fi

echo "\n\n --- List of Required Files filtered with $FILTER are: ---\n\n"
bpflist -rl 99 -d 01/01/2007 -client $CLIENT -backupid $BACKUPID | egrep -i $FILTER | awk '{print $10}'
else
echo "--- please give me a Search String to work with - ---"
fi
#
else
echo "--- please give me a client and Search String to work on - ---"
exit
fi
#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search