Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help writing a query 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
US
I have two people tracking two different things in two different deparments in two differet building using Access.
One person has a table and he tracks flowers, type, color, etc... some plants are from ohio and some are from mississippi. The other person tracks with prospective gains or incoming flowers. Is there anyway to update the master flower table with a query from the prospective gains flower table?

Master flowers table
Incoming flowers table
can I update the master table was a query???

As long as the tables have a relationship that will allow you to join the them you can update one with data from the other. In general, the query would look like this.

[ignore]Update Master As m Inner Join Incoming As i On m.FlowerID = i.FlowerID Set Inventory = [m].[Inventory] + .[Amount]
Where <criteria to identify Incoming records to apply>;[/ignore]

In order to provide specific response we need to know the tables' structure and relationship. Terry

Theres no relationship but you can be &quot;SURE&quot; I'll try to make one. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back