Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help... URGENT PROBLEM WITH ODBC TRANDFERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UWTechie

Programmer
May 24, 2001
CA
I just set up an experimental Cognos server, so that we can do some web based tests. Yesterday I set up the ODBC connection with our Oracle server, which was troublesome because I was given Oracle 8.1.6 Client, whereas the office used to use SQL*net 2.3 and an Oracle 7.3 driver.

Eventually I got it to connect , then I used architect to build a package for transformer.

When I went to transformer I set up the dimensions and measures as I always do, but I keep on getting the same error whenever I try to generate categories or create a cube.

The error is as follows:

[TR0109] Transformer couldn't read the data source.

The details:
DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'asynchronous' open.

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01453: SET TRANSACTION must be first statement of transaction.

Not sure what this means, since I have never seen it before. I know that the two server's are now hooked up because I tested the Oracle database with an MS Acces query, and got the desired results, so I figure that I need to change the configuration of something, but not sure what I need to change. Or where it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back