Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help for Error 20534 in Crystal 8.5 using Oracle9i

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorein

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
MX
Hi

I have some reports in crystal 8.5 using a VB 6 interface and my databse is oracle 9i.

My problem is when I tried to excecute a report send me the error "20534. Error detected by databased DLL" I don't know why this happend, because some times fails and some times the report works fine.
My connection to the database is native.
I review in the crystal site but I didn't find information.

I really appreciate you help

Lorein

Lorein....

If you can repeat the EXACT same process and get different results, I'd target the database as the culprit.

More likely there is something different and your code is the culprit.

Once the report is open, I assume that you can refresh it at will without error?

Are you using the RDC?

Too many things to guess at here, and the error is very generic.

Here's the sample apps:

Here's the Service Pack:

-k

Thanks for your response. I will review the links that you sent.

I'm not using RDC I'm using the crystal OCX
I have another reports and didn't fail only 2 of them,the ones that fail using a date range and have 2 subreports. But I have another reports with ranges of dates and subreports and work fine

This error could be generated because an error in the data???

Lorein....

Hi, can you copy the Sql query your report uses and try in in SqlPlus - That will show if it is a data error, a syntax error or, as synapse suggested, a communication one.

If the query runs fine when connected directly to the database, something is happening to prevent that connection from your app, on some attempts.

hth,
[profile]

turkbear
thanks for your help, it was an error in the sql query

Lorein....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back