Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need advice on adding another VPN in our network

Status
Not open for further replies.

oshill

MIS
Dec 4, 2003
US
We have a Cisco 1720 for our T1. From there it goes into a PIX 515 then into our switches. The Pix already has a VPN Tunnel to international so I cannot use it to set up an additional VPN for employees to access the system including international web sites that can only be access through out tunnel to them.

What I thought about doing was putting in a linksys or something to the same effect in our network to set up as a VPN router. I have plenty of static IPs to use from our service provider. Will this work and what has to be done to the 1720 and the PIX to allow traffic to and from the new VPN router. Lets say I will give the VPN router an IP of 196.30.163.99 and my router is 196.30.163.97 and the PIX is 196.30.163.98 (these are not the real IPs)my inside IPs will be 10.10.21.100 – 115 for the VPN Pool for the linksys.

This all sounds simple in theory but I do not know a lot about VPNs and the pix.

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back