Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need a way to block outgoing recipients using Mysql - Postfix / Postmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexk345

Programmer
Dec 23, 2021
CA
hi

I am googling for days .i cant find a solution. Everyone have different issue.
No one have the issue like me though

I have 50000 emails in database. My goal is email sent from my server should only go to those emails.
few weeks ago someone hacked into out system and send email to everyone in the world. IP got banned.

Now i want a solution to block unverified email recipients.

Every where people talk about local email and virtual mail box domain alias etc. I dont care about incoming spam. Its email client job.

I see some use Regex pattern to block out recipients. But my case is dynamic email in database.

Also i have no clue how main.cf works. Does it get loaded on each email?

What is postmap? I thought it is to test filter. May be it just create lookup table from database static? I want dynamic lookup.

Help. Postfix documents is not user friendly. i cant figure out what they trying to say.

I was able to implement a strategy to reject incoming emails from outside of our domain.
But i need a way to stop spam going from user account.
I am looking for a way to do that.
I there is filter but that is again for incoming email. i need something for outgoing email from the domain email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back