Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need a simple stand alone program written 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coorsman

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
Maybe someone here could help me. I need a simple program written.

It has to be stand alone and is called by a program that would pass arguments using command line.

It will require using a large on screen 10 key keypad + functions that would be easy to input on a touch screen.

Once called it would ask for input from a 10 key keypad with 0-9 plus functions for OK and C (for Clear last input) and Cancel and it would need to parse the command line then pass the variables and input from user to a delimited txt file.

The conmmand line variables are preceded with a forward slash, the headder follows the forward slash with a space and the data follows the headder with a space. These variables and headders can be written to the delimited text file.

/PROMPT "Txt to Display on the keypad" /iberdir c:\some\directory /TermId 2 /EmpNumber 2001 /TableID 1234567 /CheckID 1234567 /TABNAME Alpha

The PROMPT is read and would contain the text displayed on the keypad for input.
The /iberdir is the path for the delimited txt filename checkinfo.txt

The following information would appended to the delimited txt file each time the program is run.
/empnumber is up to a 6 digit number - passed to the txt file
/tableID up to an 8 digit number - passed to the txt file
/checkID up to an 8 digit number - passed to the txt file
alohg with the 10 key information from the user - passed along to the txt file

Thanks in advance.
Coorsman.

Cheers,
Coorsman

You would probably do better to either hire a student in college (or even high school for that matter) or try to develop this piece yourself.

Even though it is simple by your description, the majority of people expect to get paid for work done. As a community, we help people with specific issues but not do their work for them. The value of the help received is proportional to the amount of effort you have already done.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but it is reality

Walt
IT Consulting for Robert Half

Thanks, I usually hang out on the Point Of Sale Forum, just trying to help one of our peeps on our forum. Will take the advice and pass it on.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back