Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need a bulletin board message greater than 2 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

broody81

Vendor
Jan 18, 2006
US
I have a client that we currently point a DID to a phantom mailbox and they play a daily announcement to workers. The issue is they need more time than what I think is a 2 minute max for an outgoing personal greeting. This is a MerMess R4.

Questions:

1. Are the outgoing AA 1-4 longer than 2 minutes? it's a pain to access every day, but if longer, may solve the problem.

2. Are the announcements or actual bulletin board options longer than a personal mailbox outgoing greeting?

3. I am not against hanging an old Brooktrout Merlin Mail R3 off of it and creating a mailbox off of that if needed, but need to know the max time of any of the various classes of service. I could make another vms integrated hunt group like 771 and create only one mailbox out of range to conflict with MW lights. So if the old girl offers longer outgoing messages in one of the COS's I am ok with that if someone can confirm.

Any other suggestions appreciated. basically wants maybe 4 minutes, multiple ports is nice vs a digital answering machine, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back