Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I may need to install a new IP Pad card

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTed

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
In my NEC 2400 IPX. My question here (after I post this I'll start digging into the manuals) is do any IP phones that are associated with the IP Pad card need to be in the same Unit or PIM as the Card?

I currently have one IP Pad card in the switch that has 83 IP phones associated with it. I don't know how many more it can handle reliably. 3x1 is what I was taught is the approximate ratio that you want to keep for Inbound/Outbound circuits to Phones. So that to me says I should not put more then 90-95 phones on my existing Pad card. Is that an accurate rule of thumb or can I safely put 125 -130 phones on that card?

Is there any way to get an accurate history of the IP Pad cards usage to see how saturated it is?

Thanks.

Assuming you know the LENs of the PAD card you could use SPTS to see the current occupancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back