Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I made an application with Borland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArnaudAbadie

Programmer
Mar 14, 2001
FR
I made an application with Borland C++Builder 5 and Crystal Report 8.5. I use Crsytal Engine API to show the result in a report.
It works pretty fine for me... except that I have an "err534 PEStartPrintJob" and sometimes "err534 PEStartPrintJob Level2" when trying to run it on another machine.
If I understand it well, there's some DLL that need to be distributed in order to make it all work fine...
Refering to the help file (in Crystal Report) it looks that I have all DLL. Well, I think so

Any help would be appréciate

Thank you in advance

Thank MColeman for this valuable post as I use CR 8.5. This article refers to CR 7 only. But, I took a look at the crpe.h and find no line refering to WIN32. I Suppose that it have been solved in that case and for nearest version of Crystal Report.

What I ommited to say is that I make access to Pervasive files using API Direct Access method. In my case I have found and learn that both Crystal and Pervasive have commun and sometimes uncompatible DLL. I assume that I have to look in that direction.

Anyway thanks a lot ;)

Hi, I have experienced something. In my report, I use the Find location tool and choose Same as report. When saving the report in the same location as my Pervasive files the 534 error vanish away.
I don't exactally understand everything about it.

Any idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back