Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I`m having a problem with the system restore feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2003
US
It would be much appreciated if someone could lead me in the right direction. After returning home from a business trip...the family computer has not been operating properly (and nobody has confessed to any wrong doing). All my end-user programs are shutting off in the middle of their operations and for some reason, I cannot connect to the internet using my SBC Home-portal. I`ve tried to run the system restore to correct any subterfuge that may have occured during my absence, but I am unable to restore my computer to any of the prior dates indicated on the system restore calender. The funny thing is....is that the system restore function goes through the whole process...it tells me that the computer is being restored to the settings of the specified date, and that it must shutdown in order for these settings to be recognized. Once the computer reboots, I get a reading that indicates (the computer is unable to restore these settings to the date selected, please choose another date). Any Einstein`s out there who might have a clue of what I am dealing with?

Hi, seems to me you have a problem with system restore? Win ME had this problem and microsoft issued a patch, perhaps your system needs this patch too? you don't say what your system is , so I'm guessing it's either ME or XP? Maybe Xp has this problem too, maybe other members can help you with this if it's an issue with Xp's system restore?

If you post your specs it would help us more to help you!

Pech

Additional Information as requested: My computer is a Pentium 4 2.26GHz 512MB of RAM Microsoft WindowsXP Professional Version 2002

travelingman

You will probably get a wider audience if you address this issue in the Microsoft: Windows XP Pro Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back