Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I Luv VNC, but there's one thing that bugs me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiggerDaKat

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2003
US
VNC is a great program, but I had a problem with having to triple click on things when I should have double clicked. Single clicking on an object required me to double click.
If it wasn't for that, we'd be die-hard VNC users...
Has everyone else had this problem???

I use VNC several hours a week on a variety of machines and haven't noticed a problem like you are describing. One exception would be if another program takes focus on the client machine, it may take one extra click to return focus to the viewer. Could also be a timing issue.

What version and flavor of VNC are you using? You might try if you are using something else. The compression helps a bit, particuarly with slower connections. Usually works better to run the server as a service instead of an app, as well.

We are using tightVNC on a number of machines and all of them have the same problem.
We are also running W98, 2K, and XP. Perhaps it's the viewer end and not the server end.
We are also running it in service mode.
Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back