Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I lost the form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayou

Programmer
Apr 22, 2003
US
I have a switchboard with a control button. I hit the button and all I get is the wallpaper for the form but no form. However it will open in design only. All of my buttons work this way. I have looked and looked and pulled out what hair I have and then I found this place. This is all new to me so please be kind.

Have you got any data entered for the form?

Enter some dummy data directly in the Source Table and see what happens.

I have a ton of Data to enter. When I click to open the only thing that comes up is the background. That the bottom the number of records isn't there either. It's all blank. There is Date in my tables. I have input data in to the tables using the auto form.

Have you set up security on the database? If so, you may have a permissions issue - you need to have permission to edit the records.

Check to see if the "Visible" property on your fields or form section is set to "No". If you want to see existing records, set the "Data Entry" property to "No".

Are you sure the form is bound to the table? Check the "Record Source" property of the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back