Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I lost my previous post (with the answers) Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpermonkey

Technical User
Sep 28, 2003
US
Today I was communicating with Sixstring4(?) about the Dialup automatically starting every time I log in.

Tonight, I went to retrieve some info he/she left me and the entire post is gone!

Did we do something wrong?

I need that site URL with the Trojan remover (Free!)

(sigh)
JumperMonkey

Thanks linney,

I had given up on search by 'Handle' a long time ago, but it appears it works now as shown by your post. It is a good thing to know.

I still would like the Google style word+word search, where a match occured if both words were found in the scope rather than paired.

What has been sad is Google is often more effective at searching this site than the native site search engine.

Especially useful in catching (nearly a pun there, read caching) any red flagged or other lost posts.

Fortunately, I have never been red flagged. In the last hour.

Jumpermonkey, what about My Threads? Doesn't that give you everything you've recently worked on?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Thanks to all!
I found my thread in the Dial Up Forum under Data Transmission. How I ended up there is beyond me!!

Madawc, I can't seem to find the My Threads selection. Can you point me in the right direction?

The Trojan removal tools at Trend Micro are fantastic! They provide step by step registry edits to remove the files.

Highly recommended!

Thanks again to everyone! You've all been so helpful.

My threadminder. Big block on the left (size depends on what you follow) down from logoff.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

- Search Engine Optimization discussion Forum
(1575 members)
forum828

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back