Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i logged out and i dont kno my password to log back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihatenortonanitvirus

Technical User
Dec 26, 2006
US
i did everything that the more info help thing told me to do in order to reset my password and then i changed it to something i would remember...but when i tried to log in w/ it it wouldnt let me...

the whole reason im doing this anyway is so that i can uninstall the entire program....because its rediculous

someone please help

:D

I have a similar problem but havnt been able to find any help with it on this site.....From the little I have gathered elsewhere we should be able to extract the password hash from the windows registry....At that point we need to contact symantec support (half an hour hold time min..) and then they will provide us with a tool to decrypt the password. I dont know where in the registry to look for the password but I guess its under local machine software symantec or somethin....Thats all I really know at this point....

Did you leave the caps lock on when you first typed in your password? People do that a lot where I work. They will tell me the same thing when it happens: "I put in my password and now it won't work". A very common thing to do. However, I have never heard of a program that could screw up a password like that before. Even almighty, India outsourcing, customer-hating, money grubbing company known as Symantec has been unable to create a program with that sort of bug in it.

Geez, guys, a quick search of this forum for "reset password" lists this post:
thread742-507271

Symantec also includes a utility called IFORGOT.EXE for instances like this. Do a search on your computer for this file and run it. You will be prompted for username information and can reset the password with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back