Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I know this is the wrong forum but does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebarratt

Programmer
Apr 10, 2002
US
hey all,

I'm attempting to use a framed site. On the left side of the frame i have declared my main categories to navigate the site, and when they choose an option from the left naviagtion frame, the right frame will display the appropriate choose. The problem i'm encountering is that the left navigation options (Search) has sub categories like Basic Search, Advanced Search, ect. I use a pop up layered css to display these sub categories of the search option that they can choose from the left navigation frame. Where is my form load statements listed below and my div tags that declare the subcategories of the search option. I can't seem to position the layered subcategory pop up options when they go over the main search option. What I really wanted to do is have the subcategories pop up on the right frame instead of the left frame that the main categories are in, but I don't see that being possible, so is there anyoen out there that can tell me how to position the sub category layer to the right of the main category?

function ShowMenu(Item)
{
document.getElementById(Item).style.visibility = 'Visible';
}

function HideMenu(Item)
{
document.getElementById(Item).style.visibility = 'Hidden';
}

function MenuSelect(Item)
{
document.getElementById(Item).style.backgroundColor = 'navy';
document.getElementById(Item).style.color = 'lightsteelblue';
}

function MenuDeselect(Item)
{
document.getElementById(Item).style.backgroundColor='lightsteelblue';
document.getElementById(Item).style.color = 'navy';
}

function onPageLoad()
{
divSearch.style.position = 'absolute';
divSearch.style.overflow = 'hidden';
divSearch.style.left = p_left;
divSearch.style.top = p_top;
divSearch.style.height = p_height;
divSearch.style.width = p_width;
divSubTableSearch.style.overflow = 'show';
divSubTableSearch.style.position = 'absolute';
divSubTableSearch.sytle.left = '50px';
divSubTableSearch.sytle.top = '200px';
divSubTableSearch.style.height = '75px';
divSubTableSearch.style.width = '100px';
HideMenu('mnuSubTableSearch');
}
//-->
</script>

<STYLE type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
A {text-decoration:none;}
</style>

</head>

<BODY bgcolor=&quot;navy&quot; leftmargin=&quot;0&quot; vlink=&quot;white&quot; alink=&quot;white&quot; onLoad='onPageLoad();' >

<DIV id=&quot;divSearch&quot; ONMOUSEOUT=&quot;HideMenu('mnuSubTableSearch')&quot; ONMOUSEOVER=&quot;ShowMenu('mnuSubTableSearch')&quot;>Search<HR width='98%' align='center'></DIV>
<DIV ID=&quot;mnuSubTableSearch&quot;>
<table id=&quot;mnuSubSearch&quot; onmousemove=&quot;ShowMenu('mnuSubTableSearch')&quot; onmouseout=&quot;HideMenu('mnuSubTableSearch')&quot;>
<tr>
<td id=&quot;mnuSubBasicSearch&quot; style=&quot;cursor:hand;font-size:8pt&quot; onmouseover=&quot;MenuSelect('mnuSubBasicSearch')&quot; onmouseout=&quot;MenuDeselect('mnuSubBasicSearch')&quot; onclick=&quot;top.ITTFrame.location.href='ittSearch.asp'&quot;>Basic Search</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td id=&quot;mnuSubAdvancedSearch&quot; style=&quot;cursor:hand;font-size:8pt&quot; onmouseover=&quot;MenuSelect('mnuSubAdvancedSearch')&quot; onmouseout=&quot;MenuDeselect('mnuSubAdvancedSearch')&quot; onclick=&quot;top.ITTFrame.location.href='ittAdvancedSearch.asp'&quot;>Advanced Search</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td id=&quot;mnuSubSearchResults&quot; style=&quot;cursor:hand;font-size:8pt&quot; onmouseover=&quot;MenuSelect('mnuSubSearchResults')&quot; onmouseout=&quot;MenuDeselect('mnuSubSearchResults')&quot; onclick=&quot;top.ITTFrame.location.href='ittSearchResults.asp'&quot;>Search Results</td>
</tr>
</table>
</DIV> Errol Barratt
work: 856-810-5712
home: 856-697-1593
*** If there is a possibility, I'm sure all the smart ones out there will enlighten me 8p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back