Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I just enabled outbound caller id o

Status
Not open for further replies.

iriestar

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2002
I just enabled outbound caller id on my pri
i.e.

Outgoing Display: y
Send Calling Number: y
Send Connect Number: y
Send UUI IE: y
Send UCID: y
Send Codeset 6/7 LAI IE: y

I also updated the ext with ch isdn pub

My Problem is that since I have done the changes, when we dial a phone number from any ext. "Main Trunk Group ARS" is displayed, and when the caller answers "Main Trunk Group 'TAC Number'" is displayed. I would like to the display to show the number dialed. Otherwise everything is working fine...The Outbound Caller ID Works.

One more thing.....The Outbound ID shows the number but not the name any suggestions...Thanks..Irie

turn off "outgoing display"

BuckWeet

With CallerID, the 'number' is sent by the PBX, but the 'name' is retrieved from a public shared database by the receiving end. (One exception is definity-to-definity calling.) Changes you make to nams in the PBX do NOT change what is displayed to the outside world. If you are sending a DID number, and the far-end does not display a name, confirm that the far-end gets name from other out-of-area callers, then check with the telco that you get your DID service from. They may have to add all of your DID's to the name database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back