Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I just developed a vb 6.0 program

Status
Not open for further replies.

awelch

Technical User
Apr 24, 2002
US

I just developed a vb 6.0 program against a SQL Server 2000 database that tested fine in this environment, however we moved the database to a new location that is running Win NT 4.0 server and loaded SQL Server 2000 with my database.

Now my program will not update some of the tables where I am using a datagrid to do so. The original server was Windows 2000. Is there anything I need to change in code to get it to work in the new environment?

Could there be an issue with NT 4.0 and SQL Server 2000?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

Ive used NT4+SP6a and SQL2000 quite extensively with no problems. No code changes were required.

Do you get an error message ?

Hi,

In such a situation, i would recommend installing VB SP 1 if there is error message.
If you did not receive any error message, reinstall your VB then try out again

Thanks! I did reinstall the program and it works well now.

Thanks CCLINT.

I have already installed SP5. I also had to update the db on sql server. They had brought down an earlier version, which was missing some fields, causing one of the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back