Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I Have Xerox Phaser 7760GX, d drivers c it as 7760DN no config options

Status
Not open for further replies.

aseth

Technical User
Jan 20, 2012
US
I am trying to re-install my xerox phaser 7760GX on a windows 7 64bits, the drivers keep seeing my printer as the 7760 DN and no options to configure as the GX. The printer doesn't have any options on teh panel as well to config. Anyone?

I have 32 bit Win 7 but lets pretend it is the same.(I just installed it on my wife's 64 bit laptop, we are good)

Step 1) print a config report so you know it's IP address.

Step 2) download this driver

As you run the installer, it will ask you local or networked, oddly it is local

It will ask you if it is a new or existing port try existing and look for the IP Address you got from Config

If not try new and use a Standard TCP/IP Port and enter the IP address

Once you get to a list of Printers, push the Have Disk Button and then the Browse button. For me this put me in the correct directory but it is named very obviously C:\xerox\p7760_PS_64_Driver

Choose the only visible file and click OK and you will get a list of 3 printers, the GX is on that list. Then just agree to everything until you are done. Once done In Configuration in Printer properties you can configure your options.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back