Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have two sendmail servers (outbound only) behind a load balancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervman

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
US
I have two sendmail servers (outbound only) behind a load balancer but the other one when it sends out to our clients, sends out fine (stat=Sent) but the other one for the same exact email address of a client says stat=User unknown. I can't figure it out. Even sending via manual mailx from both servers, the only one that sends is successful and same result with the other one. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Do you have sendmail listening for connections on 1 interface and sending on the 2nd? If you do, try reversing the order (so that it listens on interface 2, and sends on the 1st).

You can also confirm by manually telnetting to it on 25, and reversing the order of your 'mail from: me@mycompany.com" and 'rcpt to: him@client.com' commands (so pretend to be your client sending to you for example).

Ally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back